“So wait… WHAT? How do you travel so cheaply???”
In this video I share with you my methodology and walk you through my steps of HOW I travel so cheaply. I explain how I get around, how I stay places for free, and ABOVE ALL… how I have a kick ass time doing do
- Cheap airline – I strictly use Ryanair.com to get around Europe
- BE FLEXIBLE with you departure date – book the cheapest date
- WALK – use your own two feet as much as you can (exercise – yeaaaa!)
- Public transportation – Buses & trains (buy a pass if you will use often)
- Take advantage of transition time – Educate yourself (podcasts, books)
- Meet locals – make friends and share transportation costs
- Only travel with a carry on to avoid baggage fees
- Travel with an empty water bottle (fill up in the airport – bring a snack too!)
- Be open with your destination – look for cheap flights FIRST! Then decide location.
- Travel slower
- Choose a travel method that “makes sense” to you
- Keep an open mind to a variety of experiences
- Once again…. CONNECT with locals!
- Choose countries that are cheaper for budget travelers (Italy, Spain, Portugal)
- Consider the cost of living in each country
- workaway.info – work exchange. Work a few hours in exchange for free room and food
- Couchsurfing – great way to meet people!
- ASK – put it out there… someone you know may be able to connect you with someone in a place you are traveling
- VOLUNTEER – share your skills, knowledge, and experiences with the world
FOOOOOOOOD – nom nom nom
- Most workaway host’s provide food – EAT IT (duh!).
- If you go out exploring – take fruit or pack a snack
- ALWAYS carry your water bottle
- Ask around for opinions for some great cheap options
- Make local friends – SO MANY people will open their kitchens to you
- Wander around! Observe, chat with people…
- Take advantage of FREE days (you can find info on the internet or the tourist office)
- Use your student or teacher I.D. if possible – receive discounts
It’s all about balance…when you travel long-term there will be days when you just RELAX. Take the time to recharge, learn, create – or do whatever makes ya happy!
Travel does not have to be expensive. If you are willing to keep an open mind, be more relaxed, and be open to a variety of experiences …. then you can travel the world and have an amazing time on a small budget!
Ciao for now ❤
Once again… thanks YouTube for choosing such a precious still photo of me. I kinda find it funny at this point so I’m just gonna go with it 😉