A few years ago while living in California I started hiking. Like legit hiking…. not just your casual walkabout but more on the lines of longer mileage, decent elevation gains, and crazy nature trails that induces your imagination to create awful images of you plummeting to your death. Sounds super relaxing and nice right? Well it is! Here are my top five reasons why I love hiking…
1. The scenery!! Have you not seen some of my pics? AHHHH it’s just breathtaking.
2. I love to challenge myself. Finishing a hike where you had to DO WORK is such a great feeling. It almost makes me want to fist pump Jersey Shore style!
3. Time to think. Even when you go with someone there are still moments of silence where its you, nature, and your thoughts. I typically come up with business ideas when I am hiking.
4. It’s a really cheap activity. Grab a backpack, food, water, and off you go! There are no fancy schmancy frills or things you really need for hiking (even on the longer ones… unless it’s so crazy summit… then don’t be dumb and do your research)
5. It enhances your connection to this beautiful planet! Being in the middle of nowhere with incredible beauty around you is such a humbling experience. Now that I’m hiking internationally I’m having even more “HOLY SHIT” moments
And best of all…. if you know how to walk… CONGRATULATIONS! You are qualified to hike 🙂
So get out there and start exploring!