Day 10 – Miami, Monday, August 12th

NOTE to readers – SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM (if you are on the main blog page) and work your way up if you are the type of person that likes chronological order. The first post is “The Backstory”. ALSO –forgive any grammar, spelling, or whatever other writing mistakes you will find in my posts. Yes I love to use dashes and dots – I write how I would speak! Since I am writing from the road my first focus is enjoying the sights and trying to record them as best I can. Therefore, in regards to proof reading  – Ain’t nobody got time fo dat!

– – – – – – – – — – – – – – – — – – – – – – – – – – –

I woke up after 9am!!!! Heck yea there is hope for me. After finally getting a solid night of sleep and feeling refreshed, I made my way off the boat to take LaRoo for a stroll…of course no one else was up yet so I decided I would follow in their footsteps and just lay back down in bed – and I actually fell back asleep!! When I woke back up I thought it would be best to catch some rays so I found my way up to the top deck where I found the others nursing their hangovers. Apparently the group was out til 4am and feeling a little rough this morning. As much as I didn’t want to think HAHA SUCKS TO BE YOU… i still did :-/. I’m a nice person I swear! 

I laid out on the lounge chair for a bit where LaRoo quickly found some shade under me. It was disgustingly humid and I quickly made a sweat person on my towel (you know where you sweat so much it creates an outline of your body?? Super sexy and comfortable!). The group was chit chatting and I was waiting to hear back from my friend — she had stayed in the condo close by. From what I gathered from their chatter I thought we were waiting for breakfast to be served (my clue was one of the crew set the table). BUT then the boat started moving!!! I had told my friend to hurry up and get there but given it takes her an hour to get ready I had a feeling she was going to be left behind. Apparently the dock we were at was reserved and we were getting kicked off (by a rather RUDE woman who was yelling at one of the crew members to move the boat — but the captain wasn’t on board yet so we were stuck. Nothing bugs we more than rude people. Stupid lady. BE NICE TO EVERYONE people! We are all in this battle together!)

Once we were able to move the boat and were docked at the new marina, I wasn’t sure what was going on. Everyone just gathered at the back of the boat. Once they started putting on shoes and getting their bags I asked “Are we going somewhere”. The one girl replied “Yes and you are coming too”. I asked a few times if I should bring my purse and finally someone replied yes. I booked it down to my room, quickly gathered my stuff, and ran off the boat after them.

We turned a corner and I saw a Lincoln Navigator parked and waiting for us. At this point I had no idea what we were doing or where we are going but was told to get in. ALLLLLLLLLLLLRIGHTY. There were 6 of us that crammed in this car — with two people practically in the trunk. Everyone was passionately talking and telling stories (or at least it seemed that way. Spanish is such a feisty language!)… I just sat and held LaRoo while looking at the window at the houses. Note to self: learn some Spanish ASAP.

We pulled into the marina where the yacht was docked yesterday and drove in the parking lot for a few minutes – the driver (who was the owner of the yacht) kept making turns and going in circles…. OOOOOOOOOOOK then. This isn’t getting weird or anything! We eventually pulled up next to a car where the one girl and guy got out and left. We drove down the road for a few minutes before pulling into what looked like a mall. We parked and I asked where we were going and the girl replied “To lunch”. Considering I hadn’t eaten anything and it was almost 2pm I was down to grub. We sat on the patio of this nice restaurant in a swanky shopping area.

The waiter came over and immediately started addressing the group in Spanish. DAMN. Looks like I’m flying solo yet again. I entertained myself by keeping LaRoo from begging at other tables as well as watching the parade of luxury cars coming in and out of valet. The guys ordered and food just started showing up at the table. The check arrived and I pulled out my wallet…. I only had my debit card so I offered it up and everyone looked at me and giggled. I was confused for a moment until the one guy said “Don’t worry about it”. I’m like – are you suuuuuuuure? These people had taken us out to eat, let us stay on their yacht… but they insisted. The one guy jokingly said “Only people who speak are allowed to pay” – so I offered to count in Spanish since that is the extent of my Spanish speaking abilities haha. They started whispering in Spanish until one girl kindly translated for me and said something along the lines of “We were saying you are a cool person”. Ummm thanks yo! BUT..for all I know they could have been talking trash about me…. BUT I’ll just take their word for it I suppose.

After lunch I walked back with the one guy to his condo ( where my friend was hanging out) and we relaxed for a bit before heading down to the pool area. His condo was in this building called One which has some residences but is also a super nice resort. I decided to stroll off by myself and headed to the beach. I hadn’t been in the Atlantic Ocean in a while so I was on a mission to take a dip! OH MY how nice and warm this ocean is! I had become used to the cold and rough Pacific. I floated for a while and just enjoyed the moment before heading back to join my friend and the guy.

We went up to his condo and relaxed for a bit before deciding on our plans. She wanted to go on a dinner date with the guy so I decided to meet up with the one Miami dude I had met out on the town my first night. A few hours later and it was time for him to pick me up. We headed down to South Beach to a cute little place on Lincoln called Yucca (a tapas and drinks type of place with awesome people watching on the patio). Miami boy was really nice and sweet and we chatted about life, work, and whatever else came to mind. After dinner we headed down Lincoln street to grab a drink. My friend and her date were doing to pick up my car at the first marina and meet me back at the place.

I jumped in a cab and was on my way. Within a few minutes I was suffocating… the cab driver was TOTALLY busting ass all up in that cab and choking me out. GROSSSSSSSSSNESS. He asked me something but I couldn’t understand…and then when he repeated himself he asked if he could put something on the radio in Creole I think?? Um SURE – go ahead dude. Just please don’t fart again for the llllllllllllllllllove of God.

I arrived back at the condo…waited a few moments til my friend arrived. Then quickly made my way upstairs to tend to LaRoo and get my sleepy self to bed.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight night Miami.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s